Monday, April 23, 2012

Somewhere I Belong, chapter 2 teaser




Looking back at Edward I asked, “You’re not going to let this go are you?” 

“No.”

“Fine,” I huffed. 

Mr. Cullen moved across the aisle and sat down next to me. I couldn’t resist asking him, “Has your son ever been arrested for stalking?” It caused him to burst out laughing. 

“Well, Miss Hale,” Mr. Cullen said a few minutes later after having me move my jaw in every imaginable direction it could. ”It seems you simply have a nasty bruise.”

“I tried to tell him that,” I said while pointing at Edward. 

“Well he can be a bit hardheaded at times,” he replied with a chuckle. 

“Yeah, tell me about it,” I said rubbing my chin for added affect. “Thank you, Mr. Cullen…Or should I call you Dr. Cullen?” 

“How about Carlisle? We all tend to go on a first name basis pretty much.”
“Only if you call me Bella.”

“It’s a deal,” he said, getting up and returning to his seat. 

The seat next to me didn’t remain empty for long though as Edward was soon occupying the space.

“Stalker,” I mumbled before turning my face towards the window, hiding my smile. I may not have understood his need to shower me with all the attention he was, but I also couldn’t deny I was enjoying it. 

“I’m not a stalker,” he whisper-yelled.

I snorted. “Sure could have fooled me.”

“I was simply trying to be the gentleman I was raised to be.”

“Your father really doesn’t look like the type to go around teaching his son to stalk an unsuspecting young woman he just met on an airplane.”

“How was I to know that we were both coming here for the same reason? I was just as surprised to see you as you were me.”

“You could have asked,” I told him.

“I did,” he declared.

“When?”

“On the plane.”

“Did not.”

“I most certainly did. You refused to tell me.”

“You must be imagining things now.”

“Then maybe I also imagined you telling me something along the lines of how you weren’t trying to be rude, but you weren’t comfortable telling me where you were going.” 

He had that smile of his turned up all the way again, shining as bright as the sun in the sky. How the hell was I supposed to resist that?

See you Friday with the whole chapter!!
EA

No comments:

Post a Comment