Sunday, August 29, 2010

Truths, Lies, And Alibis Teaser Chapter 4., All I Need


I shifted my position slightly on his lap and instantly thought I was gonna die. The reaction my movement caused was unintentional, but I was acutely aware of what it had done to him. The hard evidence was right underneath me pressing into my backside. We hadn’t gone past anything more than a few heated make out sessions, and though he showed signs of having similar feelings for me, I was still afraid to trust them completely. It was a repercussion of relying on my abilities for so long. I wasn’t sure how I felt about taking things further. Obviously my body was screaming for me to give in to the hormones surging through me. I wanted to be able to give in and let go, but I didn’t know if I could. Even though he knew what I did for a living I still hadn’t told him about my real reason for my trip here and I was afraid that he’d freak out and leave. He’d indicated at lunch today that he wanted to continue our relationship when we were both back home, so I kept hoping that Emmett would call with news that the danger was gone and I could go home. Then I would never have to tell Edward.

I stilled my fingers in his hair and tried to remain as still as possible hoping that if I was it would allow him to calm as well. I decided to pretend I had drifted to sleep. I opened my eyes and looked up at him hoping to steal one last glance at his gorgeous face before I did so. However I was met with boiling pools of green that were focused entirely on me. Smiling softly at him I was stricken with the urge to lick my lips silently inviting him to kiss me. When had I become so bold, I thought.

He gently brushed back the hair from my face. Lowering his mouth to mine he claimed it in a heated kiss that flooded my body with desire. If that weren’t enough, one of his hands tangled in my long hair holding his face to mine, as the other slid up the back of my shirt caressing the bare skin while at the same time pulling me closer to him.

Without thinking I turned to straddle his lap causing him to moan as we went on kissing until we were out of breath. When we separated I hid my face against his neck. I had never acted so brazenly and was suddenly scared by my actions. I wanted him but it frightened me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Peaches! You know how to amp up the UST don't you! Good teaser, it certainly makes me want more;)

    ReplyDelete