Sunday, October 24, 2010

Teaser for Chapter 12 of Truths, Lies and Alibis, Used To

Hospital Stay


Slowly tugging on my arm, I was eventually able to get it out from underneath him. He must have been really tired as he hardly stirred when his head slid to the bed once my arm was gone form under it. After letting my fingers softly graze over the light stubble that had formed along his jaw, they traveled to his hair as if they had a mind of their own.

It had been far too long since I had touched him like this. At first I simply brushed back the stray locks that had fallen over his forehead in his sleep. But soon my fingers were running through the tousled strands of his hair. I combed my fingers through the thick mass until it fell from my fingertips as they reached the ends of the short auburn hued tresses, only to dig back in to do it all over again. Doing so I realized how much I missed it. It had such a soothing and calming effect on me. While we were together on Capri, I had found it hard to keep my hands out of his hair. The buzz of energy from the constant source of chemistry that flowed between us was still there; I could feel it coursing through my fingertips and shooting up my arm.

Noticing a slight increase in his breathing, I suspected that maybe he was awake and enjoying what I was doing as much as I was. After a few more minutes and what I was sure was a soft sigh escaping his lips, I was certain he was awake. Perhaps he has missed this too, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment