Sunday, January 8, 2012

Memories of Christmas Past, chapter 7 teaser

Chapter 7 will post on Friday. Until then here is a teaser for you to enjoy!

“Dinner was fantastic, Bella,” Renee said as she placed her napkin on the table and took a sip of her wine.

“I second that,” Phil added.

So far things had gone pretty well. It was clear we were all a bit apprehensive, but I really didn’t see any way around it. It was just one of those things that were going to require time to move past. My mother had seemed truly happy to be here, impressed with our house and excited about the wedding when we talked about it while showing them around the house after they had first arrived.

“Thank you,” I replied.

“Phil, why don’t I show you the deck and the view we have over into Canada?” Edward suggested, effectively ending the awkward silence that seemed to have overcome us all now that dinner was over. He knew that my mother and I needed some time alone to talk and by offering to show Phil around outside, it gave us the opportunity.

“Sure,” Phil replied.

The two men got up and walked over to the door leading outside. I stood to start clearing the table of the dishes and looked up just in time to see Edward wink at me and mouth to me that he loved me on his way out the door. It was his way of letting me know that he would be right outside if I needed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment