Saturday, September 18, 2010

Truths, Lies and Alibis Teaser Chapter 7, Secrets

“When you hired Jasper and I to do this job, you ran a background check on us correct?”

“Yes, why? I told you I would.”

“Because I got a call from a friend who happens to be pretty deep in the army intelligence department. He said that not only was a check run at the time you would have been doing one, but there was also one done yesterday. Can you explain that to me?”

“No I can’t. It must be a mistake.”

“No it’s not. In fact it was flagged to be investigated as a security leak in the army’s database system. But he called me first to see if I had any clue what it was about.”

“Well the only search of any kind that was conducted on you was the one I did. I don’t have any knowledge of the other one being done.”

“You mean to tell me you aren’t aware of the information your agents are acquiring? Are they free to just run searches on any damn person they please? Oh and I was told it was conducted out of this office both times. I find it hard to believe you aren’t more aware of that kind of thing.” I was beginning to feel like he was lying to me again or at the very least purposefully holding back information.

“Look, Edward, I told you I have no idea why or who would be running another background check on you,” Emmett growled.

“I do.”

The sound of that voice hit me like a ton of bricks. I would know it anywhere. It was the one I had been longing to hear for more than two days now. Emmett and I both spun to find Bella standing there leaning against the door frame to his office. We had both been so wrapped up in our conversation that neither one of us had even heard her open the door. The look on her face told me that she knew more than she had a few days ago. Possibly things I wanted to be the one to tell her

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, sounds like they're about to get an ear full. I'm really excited for this chapter. Please, update soon. :)

    ReplyDelete