Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 14 of Truths, Lies and Alibis , Never Say Never

Fourth of July in Forks

“You’re tired,” he said.

“Mmmhmm, how can you tell?”

“Mmm, how about the fact that you can hardly keep your eyes open?”

I giggled softly and mumbled, “You noticed that huh?”

“Yep. Come on, Sweetness. It’s time to get some sleep.” he stood and held his hand out to me to help me up from the couch.

“But I don’t wanna get up,” I whined from where I had let myself flop over on the couch once he had stood up.

“Ok, hop on and I’ll carry ya up,” he said, turning his back to me.

I grabbed onto the back pocket of his jeans and pulled myself back up into a sitting position and then stood on the couch so that I could climb onto his back. He held my right leg in place when I hitched it on his hip and held on to his shoulders to bring my left leg up onto his other hip. No sooner than I was in place, he bent over to pick up the TV remote to turn off the screen, leaving me thinking he was going to drop me and squealing like a baby pig.

“You better be quiet or your dad is going to be out here with his gun thinking I am doing inappropriate things to you,” Edward chastised me playfully as he stood up straight, tightening his hold on my legs and heading for the stairs.

As Edward carried me up the stairs, I burrowed my head against his neck while resting it on his shoulder. I tried to inhale as deeply as I could and savor his natural scent without being obvious. The real thing smelt even better than his sheets had yesterday and I found myself torn between fighting the urge to kiss his neck and wanting to cling to him as I fell asleep.

Reaching my room much faster than I would have liked, Edward was laughing as he dumped me on my back onto my bed. He obviously thought the way he choose to put me down was funny.

“That was mean.” I pouted and swatted him on the arm.

“Oh poor baby,” he teased. Crawling up on the bed beside me, he grabbed both my arms and hiked his leg over me so he was straddling me. While pinning me to the bed, he let his head drop onto my shoulder and remained there, hovering over me without saying a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment