Sunday, November 28, 2010

Truths, Lies and Alibis, Chapter 17 teaser

I tried to occupy myself and not think about the fact that Bella was upstairs in my bathroom naked and wet. Sleeping next to her every night and feeling her body pressed up against mine, was bliss and torture all at the same time. I loved being there with her, having her in my arms all night long, but I was also yearning to touch her and make love to her again. My head and my heart knew it was still too soon, that she wasn’t ready to jump back into a physical relationship yet. And while I knew that I had to take things at her pace, my body was screaming just the opposite.

It had been nearly a week now that we’d been sleeping together in her bedroom. After the first few days of me going back and forth between the two rooms to get what I needed, Bella said there was no way she was sleeping without me again so I should just move all of my stuff into her room. I tried to not make a big deal about it but in the end I had to know if it was because she wanted me there for me or because of the bad dreams she’d been having, since it was the dreams that instigated my being there in the first place. Once we talked about it she assured me that while it may have started out because of the dreams, she loved having me in bed next to her and wanted me there because she loved me and didn’t want to be away from me. Bella also told me that she’d only had one nightmare since we’d been out to the prison and it wasn’t as intense as the others.

I made sure the loft was locked up, the alarm was set and then grabbed her bag, taking it upstairs to my room with me. I snickered to myself when it dawned on me that she’d been so excited to get in the tub, she’d forgotten to take her bag with her, meaning she wouldn’t have anything to wear with her in the bathroom.

I got undressed and slipped into a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt. Lounging across my bed I turned on the TV and caught up on all the local news, while I waited for Bella to be finished with her bath. I was only slightly disappointed when she emerged from the bathroom, wearing one of my button down shirts. And I say only slightly because even though I had hoped she’d be in nothing more than a towel, she was damn sexy wearing my clothes.

“Um… I hope you don’t mind. It seems in my haste to try out your tub, I forgot my bag downstairs.” She had a hint of pink on her cheeks as she pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth while she leaned against the door way, waiting for my reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment