Sunday, November 14, 2010

Teaser for Chapter 15 of Truths, Lies and Alibis

“Mmmm, why are you awake?” Edward rasped, while burying his face in the crook of my neck. “Did you have another bad dream?”

“No, you must have scared all the bad dreams away. I slept just fine once you were here,” I admitted to him because it was the truth. It was the best I had slept in a long time.

“Is that so?”

“Yep. I guess you’re like my personal dream catcher or something,” I teased.

“Well I’ll happily perform that duty anytime,” he said placing a kiss just behind my ear.

I stretched before rolling over to face him. “I’m gonna hold you to that, ya know,” I whispered as I scooted as close to him as I could get.

“I have no doubt you will, Sweetness. In fact, I’m looking forward it,” he said softly as his arms tightened around me, holding me. “You sure you’re ok?”

“Yeah I was just thinking,” I answered after placing a kiss the side of his neck.

“Penny for your thoughts,” he offered.

“Just a little nervous about meeting your parents,” I murmured against his neck.

“Don’t be,” he said.

“How can you be so sure they won’t think I am messing up your life? Look at all you’ve had to give up because of me. I’ve just recently realized how much being here with me all the time has disrupted your normal life.”

“Bella, first of all it doesn’t matter to me what they think. It’s not going to change anything. Not how I feel or the fact I want to be her. What you are failing to see is that I haven’t had to give up anything. I chose to do it and I have no regrets about it at all whatsoever. No one forced me to take on the task of keeping you safe. I volunteered. And given the choice again, I’d to it in a heartbeat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment