Sunday, January 16, 2011

Truths, Lies and Alibis, Chapter 22 teaser

I tensed briefly when I felt a huge hand clamp down on my shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze. I glanced to the side and saw that it was Emmett.

“Come on, man. Forensics is here to comb this place over and we’ve got to get our plan together to find Bella. I need you with a clear head. Can you do that?”

I nodded and then shook my head a few times, trying to clear the rage induced haze of red I was looking though every time I opened my eyes to see the shattered mirror and smeared words in front of me. Taking in a deep breath I turned to follow Emmett back upstairs, willing myself to calm down and focus so I could get Bella back. And come hell or high water, if it was the last fucking thing I ever did, no matter what I had to do to make it happen, I would get her back. Jacob Black would be lucky if he lived long enough to take another breath once I got my hands on his mangy ass. He would regret ever entertaining the notion of taking my Sweetness from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment