Monday, February 14, 2011

Truths, Lies and Alibis, chapter 26 teaser

Hi, everyone, sorry this is a little late. Real life has been busy and a little crazy. Along with giving you the teaser, I wanted to remind you while TLA is on your mind to head over to the Indie Pimp Fic blog and the Inspired Fan Fic Awards blog and vote for it. Have a great week. ~EA~

Here are the links to them both.

Indie Fic Pimp blog, http://indieficpimp.blogspot.com/?zx=595aa3cb9f67509c

Inspired Fan Fic Awards http://inspiredfanficawards.blogspot.com/zx=42ef56fa1c9ae42

CHAPTER 26 TEASER

Finally choosing one of the Brontes, I pulled it from the shelf and walked across the room to the French doors leading to the small balcony off the room. Opening the door, I sat down in one of the chairs next to the small bistro table. As I looked more closely at the book, I noticed how worn it was, as if it had been read several times. I would have to remember to ask Edward what he was doing with an obviously well-used copy of Jane Eyre. It wasn’t something a man would usually read. He said I was the only woman to have ever been here in the loft other than his mother and sister so it didn’t seem likely it had been left behind by some other girlfriend of his.

Propping my feet up on the other chair, I dug into the book. It served as a great distraction for a little while. I was reading peacefully and enjoying the warm morning sun until I was startled by the loud pop of a car backfiring on the street below which sounded eerily like a gunshot. My heart had about jumped out of my chest with the noise and after that I was unable to relax and concentrate on the book. I found myself constantly looking up from the pages as if I was making sure I was still safe in Edward’s loft.



No comments:

Post a Comment