Saturday, December 3, 2011

Memories of Christmas Past chapter 2 teaser

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Below is the polyvore picture for chapter 2. In the back ground you will notice the prom gazebo scene from Twilight. In chapter 2 of Memories of Christmas Past Bella and Edward dance under the gazebo during their date and they are kissing in the polyvore image. But is it a kiss goodbye or a kiss to celebrate? Read the teaser below the picture and you tell me. See ya with the next chapter on Friday!!
Untitled

She finally blew out a long breath and began, “Judging by your reaction, I am guessing it’s safe to assume you saw Edward.”

I nodded again.

“How was it?”

“Not at all what I expected,” I said to her, trying to finally answer her directly and honestly without giving anything away. And the truth was, seeing Edward again hadn’t been at all what I’d expected so by answering her as I had I wasn’t lying to her at all.

“What does that mean?”

“It means exactly what I said. It wasn’t at all what I was expecting,” I told her.

“Am I going to have to pry the details from you? Since when have you been so reluctant to share anything with me?”

“What do you want me to say, Mom?” I popped up off the couch and flew across the room. It was becoming increasingly clear that I was going to have to say a lot more than I wanted to. It angered me that she was forcing my hand. It angered me that she couldn’t just accept the obvious fact that I didn’t really want to talk about this with her. And if I was completely honest with myself, it scared me because I had no idea what she’d say about the conversation Edward and I had, had the other night. I was afraid to let her get into my head again and cause me to doubt any of what he’d said to me or belittle the fact that Edward and I might still have feelings for each other after all this time.

“Well, I don’t know, Bella. How did he react to seeing you?” I could tell by the surprised almost confused look on her face that she just wasn’t getting why I didn’t want to share any of the details with her.

“Don’t you mean was he upset to see me? How about if he’s married or has a girlfriend? Or how ‘bout does he hate me for the way I dumped him?”

“No…well not exactly. Yes I would like to know all of those things, but I was more concerned about how you were handling his reactions. I’ve seen how you’ve been…I don’t know…restless the past few days. I know you’ve been scanning the help wanted section of the paper and thought maybe you were stressing over finding a job.” She paused and let out a long sigh. “It’s just now you tell me that’s not it. So the only other reasonable conclusion I can draw is that you’ve seen Edward and you are upset over something.”

No comments:

Post a Comment