Monday, December 19, 2011

Memories of Christmas Past, Chapter 4 teaser















Before I’d even had a chance to turn off my truck, Bella was jumping out as soon as it had come to a stop in the driveway. There was a big moving truck with a ramp leading from the back of it to the porch for easy loading.

Bella in her anger marched right up to the two guys who were loading a big piece of furniture onto the truck. “You can stop right where you are with that and don’t you remove another thing from that house until I say so.”

The man replied, “Ma’am, I’m sorry but I was hired by the owner of the home to empty this place out.”

“Well, Chad,” Bella said as she poked the name patch sewn onto the front of his shirt. “That’s impossible because I am the owner.”

I wanted to laugh at the look of pure confusion that spread across the guy’s face. He looked like he was about to shit his pants. And Bella…well…she was furious. She reminded me of the kitten Alice had had when we were kids. Every time it got spooked or irritated its back would arch and its tail fur would poof out and look like it had been electrocuted.

However Chad being much taller than Bella must have thought he could manhandle her and grabbed her arm as if he were going to pull her out of his way.

No one touches my girl but me. I was instantly at Bella’s side and had Chad’s other arm in my hand and twisted up behind his back.

“Take your hand off the lady now. That is unless you want this arm broken,” I ordered him while giving his arm another small twist.

“Hey, John, you need to call the cops. We got a situation out here,” Chad called.

No comments:

Post a Comment